Recorded Presentations from the NCCN Nursing Forum: Advancing Oncology Nursing in Hematologic Malignancies™
The management of cancer is constantly evolving through the introduction of new developments related to cancer treatment and supportive care. This program will provide hematology/oncology nurses with comprehensive and clinically relevant information to optimize patient education and care. Information is focused on current and critical issues to provide hematology/oncology nurses with practical information that can be implemented in the practice setting.
The goal of this activity is to ensure that hematology/oncology nurses, as members of the interprofessional oncology care team, have the knowledge and skills necessary to apply the standards of care to their practice and health care setting for patients with hematologic malignancies.
This information was originally presented at the NCCN 2019 Nursing Forum: Oncology Nursing in Hematologic Malignancies™ held in San Francisco, CA, on September 27, 2019.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of hematology/oncology nurses and nurse practitioners who manage patients with hematologic malignancies.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate advances in the management of patients with hematologic malignancies and key updates in the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) and apply appropriate treatment and supportive care strategies to optimize patient education and care.
- Review issues related to toxicities and adverse events associated with CAR T-Cell therapy, infection, tumor lysis syndrome, and bone health, and implement appropriate strategies for managing these in the health care setting.
NCCN Medical Education Disclosure Policy
It is the policy of NCCN that every 12 months, all faculty, moderators, activity planners and all internal planning staff participating in NCCN continuing education activities are expected to disclose any financial relationships with a commercial interest as defined by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support. In addition, all faculty presentations have been reviewed for adherence to the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support (the provider develops activities/educational interventions independent of commercial interests [SCS 1, 2 and 6] by experts on the topics).
Per the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, individuals who do not disclose relevant financial relationships will be disqualified from involvement in the CE activity as a content developer, planner, or presenter. A complete list of individuals’ relationships with external entities is available upon request.
Full disclosure of faculty relationships will be made prior to the activity.
These activities are approved for nursing contact hours. Complete accreditation information is provided before each individual educational activity.
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Internet Explorer is no longer supported)
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing