Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 2013 Thoracic Oncology Symposium
This symposium has been designed to bring up-to-date scientific information to clinicians involved in the care of patients with thoracic malignancies, including Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Thymoma and Thymic Carcinomas, Mesothelioma, and Esophageal Cancer. Our speakers are nationally and internationally renowned physicians who will share their expertise and foster discussion of the most recent advances in lung cancer screening, surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, novel targeted therapies, immunotherapies, and palliative care.
During each session, attendees will be exposed to new concepts and management protocols for thoracic malignancies. The goal of this course is to provide information on early detection and management of lung cancer, the management of stage I-III lung cancer involving surgery and new radiation techniques, the management and novel approaches for stage IV NSCLC, as well as the management of other thoracic cancers to help maximize the care potential for health care providers and their patients.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pulmonologists, general practitioners, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, oncology pharmacists, and oncology nurses.
At the conclusion of this symposium, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the recent advances in thoracic surgery, radiation, and immunotherapy for treating lung cancer
- Assess the role of lung cancer screening
- Describe the economics and policy of lung cancer screening
- Review the role of surgery in mesothelioma and esophageal cancer
- Describe the therapeutic approach for patients with locally advanced disease
- Discuss the most current systemic therapies for Stage IV NSCLC
- Recognize the current status of new agents in the therapy of NSCLC
- Discuss the new technologies for molecular testing
- Identify novel targets in Stage IV NSCLC
- Discuss the role of Palliative Care for lung cancer patients
- 8.50 Participation
- 8.06 Nurse
- 8.50 Pharmacist
- 8.50 Physician