NCCN Case Manager and Medical Director Program™ Webinar: Overview of Lung Cancer
The 2012 NCCN Case Manager and Medical Director Program will include various educational platforms, including but not limited to, four webinars on the topics of Lung Cancer, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Gynecologic Malignancies, and Communicating with Patients As Goals Change. This educational webinar series is designed to help case managers and medical directors, in particular those without formal oncology training, to manage patients with cancer based on evidence and according to the recommendations in the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology™. Participants may attend all of them, or only a few. All programs are available to case managers and other nurses as well as medical directors and others that work with patients with cancer or are interested in learning more about the current state of the art in oncology care.
This webinar series is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses, case managers, nurses in other roles (i.e., quality management and utilization review), and medical directors at managed care organizations, reinsurers, TPAs, case management, and disease management companies who interact with, counsel, and refer patients with cancer to appropriate sources of care.
Following this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Summarize the potential benefit and negative impact of lung cancer screening
- Describe the role of radiation therapy and chemotherapy in the treatment of patients with inoperable non-small cell lung cancer
- Describe the appropriate treatment strategies for patients with early stage NSCLC
- Describe the role of maintenance therapy in NSCLC
- Describe newer radiation therapy techniques for patients with NSCLC
Ramaswamy Govindan, MD
Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine
- 1.50 Case Manager
- 1.50 Participation
- 1.50 Nurse
- 1.50 Physician