NCCN Task Force: Bone Health in Cancer Care
Presented by Dr. Azeez Farooki, this live webinar will discuss report findings from a recent task force of key experts that NCCN assembled to identify and address important clinical issues with regards to treatment management of bone health in cancer care.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, pathologists, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Describe imaging techniques for screening and detection of bone loss in cancer patients and surgical management of bone metastasis
- Identify the appropriate management strategy for treatment-induced bone loss and skeletal complications associated with breast and prostate cancer
- Discuss the safety concerns of bone modifying agents and guidelines related to management of associated toxicities
- Communicate with the patient the rationale for bone-modifying agent
- Establish goals of bone-modifying therapy with the patient
Azeez Farooki, MD
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Nurse
- 1.00 Pharmacist
- 1.00 Physician