Recorded Presentation -- NCCN 2013 Biomarkers Congress Webinar Series: So the Test is Approved…Why Should I Use It?
Biomarkers now play a key role in the routine management of patients with cancer and guide drug development in the age of targeted therapy. This recorded webinar series will address the demand for reliable, practical information about biomarkers and their appropriate use, biomarker testing, application of test results, and clinical utility of biomarkers.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, pathologists, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the significance of FDA approval as it applies to a diagnostic test
- Provide examples of marketed molecular tests that do and do not meet the standards of clinical usefulness
Christine Lovly, MD, PhD
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- 1.00 Participation
- 0.95 Nurse
- 1.00 Pharmacist
- 1.00 Physician
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing