Recorded Presentation -- NCCN 2013 Biomarkers Congress Webinar Series: Which Disease Sites Have Data on Clinical Usefulness?
Biomarkers now play a key role in the routine management of patients with cancer and guide drug development in the age of targeted therapy. This recorded webinar series will address the demand for reliable, practical information about biomarkers and their appropriate use, biomarker testing, application of test results, and clinical utility of biomarkers.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, pathologists, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the factors considered in the evaluation of the clinical usefulness of a tumor marker in oncology
- Define, in general, the concept of clinical usefulness as applied to cancer biomarker tests
- Identify disease areas where data supports the use of biomarker tests
Alan P. Venook, MD
UCSF Medical Center
- 0.75 Participation
- 0.72 Nurse
- 0.75 Pharmacist
- 0.75 Physician
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing