Recorded 2013 NCCN Nursing Program Webinar: Recognition and Management of Adverse Events in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
The 2013 Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing™ webinar series provides the oncology nurse with comprehensive and clinically relevant information regarding the management of patients with cancer. This program focuses on hereditary colorectal cancer, management of chemosensory dysfunction, management of adverse events in metastatic prostate cancer and metastatic breast cancer, risk assessment for VTE and thromboprophylaxis, and prevention and treatment of cancer-related infections. Oncology nurses will leave this program with information to provide the best clinical care and patient education to further improve their patients' quality of life.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Outline recent therapeutic developments for the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer
- Describe common side effects related to the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer
- Provide an example of one strategy for managing an adverse event related to the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer
Sarah Yenser Wood, RN, MSN, ANP, AOCNP
Duke Cancer Institute
- 0.58 Participation
- 0.58 Nurse
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing