Treatment Decisions in the Management of Elderly or Comorbid Patients with CLL
This live 75-minute webcast, with interactive Q&A and patient-physician video case studies, is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer. It will address the challenges of treating older patients with CLL, assessing comorbidity, clinical efficacy data and safety/tolerability issues, and counseling patients regarding treatment or disease management options.
This webcast is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the challenges of treating older patients with CLL, including the types and frequency of comorbid conditions that may impact treatment goals and treatment options
- Utilize available tools or scoring systems to assess comorbidity in individual patients
- Discuss clinical efficacy data and safety/tolerability issues for currently available agents as well as investigational agents in CLL, with a focus on the older or “slow-go” patient population
- Counsel patients regarding treatment or disease management options, including discussions of potential clinical trial participation, as appropriate
Douglas E. Gladstone, MD
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Nursing and pharmacy (ACPE) credits are also provided. View complete accreditation information
- 1.25 Participation
- 1.25 Nurse
- 1.25 Pharmacist
- 1.25 Physician
HANDOUTS: 2 slides per page or 3 slides per page with lines for notes
To access and complete this activity, users will need the following:
- A PC or Mac (Windows XP or later; Mac OS 10.x)
- A monitor with minimum resolution of 1024x768
- Speakers or headphones and a sound card with the ability to hear streaming audio. Telephone audio is NOT an option for listening to this webcast.
- A strong internet connection (Note: A wired internet connection using an Ethernet cord is highly recommended. Broadband internet access cards are highly discouraged. Dial-up connections will not work. If your "download speed" is less than 1.20 Mbps, you might experience problems.)
- Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome)
- Adobe Flash Player version 9 or higher
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for article and certificate viewing/printing
In addition to above minimum requirements, you should:
- Disable pop-up blockers
- Close programs you are running simultaneously that might compete for internet bandwidth
Please note that this webcast will not be through NCCN’s WebEx Event Center. Follow all connection instructions provided through this site the day of the program and communicated to you through reminder emails closer to the program date.