Recorded Presentation - 2013 NCCN Case Manager Program™ Webinars: Targeted Therapies and New Biologics - Focusing on Biomarkers in Oncology
The 2013 NCCN Case Manager Webinar Series consists of six activities on the topics of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL), Biomarkers, Colorectal Cancer, Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Multiple Myeloma, and Palliative Care. This educational series is designed to help case managers and medical directors to manage patients with cancer based on evidence and according to the recommendations in the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®). All programs are available to case managers and other nurses as well as medical directors and others that work with patients with cancer or are interested in learning more about the current state of the art in oncology care.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses, case managers, nurses in other roles (i.e., quality management and utilization review), and medical directors at managed care organizations, reinsurers, TPAs, case management, and disease management companies who interact with, counsel, and refer patients with cancer to appropriate sources of care.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the role of biomarkers in oncology care
- Describe the factors considered in the evaluation of the clinical usefulness of a tumor marker in oncology
Wallace Akerley, MD
Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah
- 1.00 Case Manager
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.07 Nurse
- 1.00 Physician
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing