2014 NCCN Nursing Program Webinar Series - Special Considerations for Older Patients with Cancer
The NCCN 2014 Nursing Program Webinar Series: Advancing Oncology Nursing Live Webinar Series will provide the oncology nurse with comprehensive and clinically relevant information regarding the management of patients with cancer. Presentations will focus on a variety of topics integral to quality cancer care: distress management, men’s sexual and reproductive health, senior adult oncology, and patient/clinician communication as well as disease-specific topics on kidney cancer, melanoma, follicular lymphoma, and multiple myeloma. Experts from NCCN member institutions are the faculty for this webinar series and each are specialists in their respective topic area. Oncology nurses who complete this webinar series will have information to provide the best clinical care and patient education to further improve their patients' quality of life.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Outline the principles of a comprehensive geriatric assessment
- Describe factors that increase risk of treatment-related complications for older adults with cancer
- Provide an update of new Senior Adult Oncology NCCN guidelines to assist the oncology professional in caring for older adults with cancer
Peggy S. Burhenn, MS, CNS, AOCNS, OCN
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
This activity is approved for nursing contact hours. View complete accreditation details
Some restrictions may apply: Any attendees that claimed credit for attending the live, in-person 2014 NCCN Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing™ in Hollywood, FL on March 12, 2014, may not claim credit for this webinar.
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Nurse
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing