Recorded Presentation from the 2014 NCCN Case Manager and Medical Director Program™: New Developments in the Treatment of Breast Cancer
The 2014 NCCN Case Manager and Medical Director Program consists of five presentations on the topics of biomarkers and targeted therapies, breast cancer, cancer survivorship, clinical trials and drug compendia, and pancreatic cancer. This educational series is designed to help case managers and medical directors that are interested in learning more about the current state of the art in oncology care manage patients with cancer based on evidence and according to the recommendations in the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®).
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses, case managers, nurses in other roles (i.e., quality management and utilization review), and medical directors at managed care organizations, reinsurers, TPAs, case management, and disease management companies who interact with, counsel, and refer patients with cancer to appropriate sources of care.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Outline the essential molecular diagnostic tests and imaging studies recommended for patients with breast cancer
- Summarize the recent clinical advances in treatment of hormone sensitive and HER-2 positive breast cancer
John H. Ward, MD
Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah
- 1.25 Case Manager
- 1.25 Participation
- 1.13 Nurse
- 1.25 Physician
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing