NCCN 2015 Congress Series™: BREAST CANCER with Updates from the 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
As the complexity and importance of screening, testing, and individualized treatment strategies for breast cancer have increased, so has clinicians’ reliance on the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Breast Cancer Guidelines and NCCN’s educational interventions to increase knowledge and bridge the gaps between knowledge and competence.
This congress will provide an in-depth analysis of the evidence and clinical decision-making that led to the development of the NCCN Guidelines for Breast Cancer, to ensure that oncologists and other oncology healthcare professionals have a clear understanding of breast cancer diagnosis, staging and initial therapy; radiation therapy in the management of locoregional disease; adjuvant therapy for locoregional disease; and metastatic disease management.
A featured session at this program will be an update on information presented at the 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. This update has become the highlight of this annual congress hosted by the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center each year.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of oncologists, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals who manage patients with breast cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
Breast Cancer Risk Reduction Strategies
- Utilize appropriate tools to estimate an individual’s risk of developing invasive breast cancer
- Outline breast cancer risk reduction strategies available to individuals with high risk of developing breast cancer
Management of Patients with Early Stage Breast Cancer
- Provide patients and caregivers information about their prognosis, treatment options, and benefits and harms of treatment
Supportive Care and Survivorship in Breast Cancer
- Adopt appropriate survivorship plans and supportive care measures to optimize patient outcomes
Management of Patients with Metastatic Disease, including San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Update
- Evaluate therapeutic options for patients with metastatic breast cancer based on recently available clinical trial evidence and current guidelines recommendations
- Discuss clinical trial participation with appropriate patients based on an awareness of current clinical trials in metastatic breast cancer
San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium Updates: Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant, and Local Therapies
- Discuss emerging data on and recent advances in the treatment of patients with breast cancer and integrate key findings into clinical practice
- Make evidence-based systemic treatment recommendations for patients with breast cancer based on hormone- and HER2-receptor status
This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ for physicians and is also accredited for nurses and pharmacists. View complete accreditation details
- 4.75 Participation
- 4.90 Nurse
- 4.75 Pharmacist
- 4.75 Physician