Recorded Presentation from the 2015 NCCN Nursing Program Webinar Series - Current Approaches to Fertility Preservation
The NCCN 2015 Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing Live Webinar Series will provide the oncology nurse with comprehensive and clinically relevant information regarding the management of patients with cancer.
Presentations will focus on a variety of topics integral to quality cancer care: survivorship, fertility preservation, management of adverse events, and end of life care as well as disease-specific topics on hepatobiliary cancers, chronic lymphocytic lymphoma, brain tumors, and chronic myelogenous leukemia.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- Explain factors that put patients at risk for infertility from cancer treatment
- Describe options for male and female patients to preserve fertility before treatment
- Discuss strategies to help nurses discuss fertility preservation with their patients
Joanne Frankel Kelvin, MSN, RN, AOCN
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- 0.59 Participation
- 0.59 Nurse
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader for certificate viewing/printing