Recorded Presentation from the 2015 NCCN Nursing Program Webinar Series - Management of Adverse Events Associated with Immunotherapies in Melanoma
The NCCN 2015 Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing Live Webinar Series will provide the oncology nurse with comprehensive and clinically relevant information regarding the management of patients with cancer.
Presentations will focus on a variety of topics integral to quality cancer care: survivorship, fertility preservation, management of adverse events, and end of life care as well as disease-specific topics on hepatobiliary cancers, chronic lymphocytic lymphoma, brain tumors, and chronic myelogenous leukemia.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- List different types of immunotherapies and provide examples for each type
- Describe the types of adverse events seen with immunotherapies and compare with traditional therapies
- Identify ways in which clinical staff can improve both the implementation of these therapies and ultimately patient care
Krista M. Rubin, MS, RN, FNP-BC
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
- 0.76 Participation
- 0.76 Nurse
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader for certificate viewing/printing