Recorded Presentation from the 2015 NCCN Nursing Program Webinar Series - Optimizing Nursing Care During End of Life
The NCCN 2015 Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing Live Webinar Series will provide the oncology nurse with comprehensive and clinically relevant information regarding the management of patients with cancer.
Presentations will focus on a variety of topics integral to quality cancer care: survivorship, fertility preservation, management of adverse events, and end of life care as well as disease-specific topics on hepatobiliary cancers, chronic lymphocytic lymphoma, brain tumors, and chronic myelogenous leukemia.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to do the following:
- List pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions that may reduce pain and distress during end of life care
- Discuss the importance of educating the family and the patient about the physiologic process of dying
- Identify the components of the CARES tool
Bonnie Freeman, RN, DNP, ANP, ACHPN
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
- 0.68 Participation
- 0.68 Nurse
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader for certificate viewing/printing