2015 NCCN Immuno-oncology Webinar Series for Pharmacists - The Role of the Immune System in Cancer
The 2015 NCCN Immuno-oncology Webinar Series for Pharmacists will consist of three webinars that will examine the immune system, how immune modulation works and its relevance in treating cancer, dosage and administration preparations of immunotherapeutic options, and safety and efficacy issues related to immunotherapy.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of clinical oncology pharmacists and pharmacy directors who manage patients on cancer immunotherapy.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define the role of the immune system in cancer
- Discuss the mechanisms of action of immunotherapy as a cancer treatment modality and its place in treatment
- Formulate patient education strategies to increase patient compliance/adherence and improve quality of care
David Frame, PharmD
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. NCCN designates this live webinar for 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit in states that recognize ACPE accredited providers. View complete accreditation information
- 1.00 Participation
- 1.00 Pharmacist
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing