Recorded Presentation from the 2015 NCCN Oncology Case Manager and Medical Director Program™ - Case Manager Techniques: Managing Symptoms and Reducing Complications
The 2015 NCCN Case Manager and Medical Director Program Live Webinar Series will consist of six webinars on the topics of melanoma, biomarkers, management of cancer in older patients with comorbidities, managing symptoms and reducing complications, and two sessions on less common and complex cancers. This educational series is designed to help case managers and medical directors that are interested in learning more about the current state of the art in oncology care manage patients with cancer based on evidence and according to the recommendations in the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®).
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of nurse case managers, nurses in other roles (i.e., quality management and utilization review), medical directors at managed care organizations, reinsurers, TPAs, and case management and disease management companies who interact with, counsel, and refer patients with cancer to appropriate sources of care and/or make coverage decisions. Programs may also be of interest to nurses, nurse navigators/care coordinators, and physicians who work directly with patients in clinical settings as well as clinical pharmacists in managed care organizations and other settings.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate techniques that can be used to effectively assess individuals with cancer in the context of a telephonic case management program
- Demonstrate techniques that can be used to effectively identify and communicate important information to patients and caregivers
Lynn Gadd, MSN, MBA, RN, OCN
- 0.50 Case Manager
- 0.50 Participation
- 0.57 Nurse
- 0.50 Physician
To access this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- Adobe Flash Player and/or an HTML5 capable browser for video or audio playback
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing