NCCN 22nd Annual Conference: Improving the Quality, Effectiveness, and Efficiency of Cancer Care™ (Thursday Only)
The NCCN Annual Conference: Improving the Quality, Effectiveness, and Efficiency of Cancer Care™ attracts more than 1,500 registrants from across the United States and the globe including oncologists (in both community and academic settings), oncology fellows, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals involved in the care of patients with cancer. Respected opinion leaders present the latest cancer therapies and provide updates on selected NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®), the data upon which the NCCN Guidelines® are based, and quality initiatives in oncology. Topics change annually but focus on the major cancers and supportive care areas.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists; nurses; physician assistants; pharmacists; case managers; tumor registrars; pathologists; and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Summarize key updates of the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) and as appropriate integrate these strategies into the management of patients with breast cancer, lung cancer, hematologic malignancies, colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, gynecologic malignancies, neuroendocrine tumors, soft tissue sarcoma, cervical/vulvar, and oropharyngeal cancers to optimize patient outcomes
- Evaluate current therapeutic advances and emerging clinical trials data and apply relevant findings into the management of patients with cancer
- Review issues relevant to cancer risk reduction, quality of life, and survivorship and incorporate appropriate strategies into professional practice
- Identify opportunities for improved clinician-patient-family communication when treating patients with cancer
- Analyze the data in clinical cancer research presented via the NCCN Foundation’s Young Investigator Awards
A detailed list of learning objectives by session topic is available here.
All faculty and activity planners participating in NCCN continuing education activities are expected to disclose any relevant financial relationships with a commercial interest as defined by the ACCME’s, ANCC’s, and ACPE’s Standards for Commercial Support. All faculty presentations have been reviewed for adherence to the ACCME’s Criterion 7: The provider develops activities/educational interventions independent of commercial interests (SCS 1, 2, and 6) by experts on the topics. Full disclosure of faculty relationships will be made prior to the activity.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
NCCN designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
NCCN designates this educational activity for a maximum of 5.25 contact hours.
|National Comprehensive Cancer Network is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
NCCN designates this knowledge-based continuing education activity for 5.25 contact hours (0.525 CEUs) of continuing education credit. UANs: 0836-0000-17-028-L01-P to 0836-0000-17-033-L01-P
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. PAs may receive a maximum of 5.25 hours of Category I credit for completing this activity.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 5.25 CE contact hours. Activity code: C00026134; Approval Number: 170001141
This program supports 5.25 CE hours and has been assigned the following event number: 2017-014.
- 5.25 ACPE contact hours
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 5.25 ANCC contact hours
- 5.25 CCM clock hours
- 5.25 NCRA CE hours
- 5.25 Participation