Monthly Oncology Tumor Boards: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Individualized Patient Care - Melanoma
Primary and Adjuvant Treatment for Stage III Disease
Due to remarkable recent results from multiple ongoing prospective randomized trials, the NCCN recommendations for treatment of stage III melanoma have changed significantly. The NCCN panel has considered the body of new data as a whole, including the minutiae of each study (i.e., specific entry criteria and results of subgroup analyses), in crafting the recommendations for the various pathways for treating regional disease, both primary and recurrent. The panel has also provided some guidance for consideration of patient- and case-specific factors when selecting among treatment options for stage III disease. Clinicians need an in-depth understanding of the new treatment recommendations in order to help their patients make informed choices and to safely manage adverse events associated with the new options for systemic adjuvant therapy.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- For patients with a positive sentinel lymph node biopsy, explain the pros and cons of complete lymph node dissection (CLND) versus active observation, list the adjuvant treatment options for these patients, and identify factors to consider when selecting between these treatment options.
- For patients with stage III melanoma and clinically positive lymph node(s), review the factors to consider when choosing among the recommended systemic adjuvant treatment options and the eligibility criteria for these agents based on the NCCN Guidelines® for Melanoma.
- For patients with stage III melanoma with clinical satellite or in-transit metastatic disease, describe the adjuvant treatment options and eligibility criteria available for each based on the NCCN Guidelines® for Melanoma, and the factors to consider when choosing among the recommended options.
Daniel G. Coit, MD
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Alexander N. Shoushtari, MD
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
All faculty and activity planners participating in NCCN continuing education activities are expected to disclose any relevant financial relationships with a commercial interest as defined by the ACCME’s, ANCC’s, and ACPE’s Standards for Commercial Support. All faculty presentations have been reviewed for adherence to the ACCME’s Criterion 7: The provider develops activities/educational interventions independent of commercial interests (SCS 1, 2, and 6) by experts on the topics. Full disclosure of faculty relationships will be made prior to the activity.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
NCCN designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. PAs may receive a maximum of 1.0 hour of Category 1 credit for completing this activity.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NCCN designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour.
This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 1.0 CE contact hour. Activity Code: I00034727; Approval #: 180004412
|National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
NCCN designates this knowledge-based continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit. UAN: 0836-0000-18-142-L01-P
- 1.00 ACPE contact hours
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC contact hours
- 1.00 CCM clock hours
- 1.00 Participation
Click the Take Course button to register for this upcoming live webinar.
This webinar will be presented live one time only on Friday, December 7, 2018, from 10:30 - 11:30 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) (UTC -5). To convert the start time of this webinar for other time zones, click here.
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing