Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 2015 Thoracic Oncology Symposium
This symposium has been designed to bring up-to-date scientific information to clinicians involved in the care of patients with thoracic malignancies, including Lung Cancer, Mesothelioma, and Esophageal Cancer. Our speakers are nationally and internationally renowned physicians who will share their expertise and foster interactive discussions of the most recent advances in lung cancer screening, surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, novel targeted therapies, immunotherapies, palliative care, and lung cancer survivorship. During each session, attendees will be exposed to new concepts and management protocols for thoracic malignancies.
The goal of this course is to provide information on early detection and management of lung cancer, the management of stage I-III lung cancer involving surgery and new radiation techniques, the management and novel approaches for stage IV NSCLC, as well as the management of other thoracic cancers to help maximize the care potential for health care providers and their patients.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of thoracic surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pulmonologists, general practitioners, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, oncology nurses, oncology pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals who manage patients with thoracic cancers.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the recent advances in thoracic surgery, radiation, and immunotherapy for treating lung cancer
- Assess the role of lung cancer screening
- Understand nodule work-up, evaluation, and appropriate staging for lung cancer
- Discuss multimodality therapy for pleural mesothelioma
- Review the role of surgery in mesothelioma and esophageal cancer
- Discuss the role for standard radiation and protons for thoracic malignancies disease
- Discuss the most current systemic therapies for stage IV NSCLC
- Understand the role of palliative care for lung cancer patients
- 6.00 Participation
- 6.72 Nurse
- 6.00 Pharmacist
- 6.00 Physician