NCCN Pharmacy Updates: Introduction to the NCCN Guidelines® for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and a Comprehensive Review of the Use of JAK2 Inhibitors
Join Stephen J. Harnicar, PharmD, BCOP, BCPS from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for this webinar in the 2018 NCCN Pharmacy Update Webinar Series on the topic Introduction to the NCCN Guidelines® for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and a Comprehensive Review of the Use of JAK2 Inhibitors.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of pharmacists, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other health care professionals who manage patients with cancer.
Following this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the 2016/2017 diagnostic criteria for primary myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, and essential thrombocythemia.
- Describe the mechanism of action and special considerations for the use of JAK2 inhibitors, including dosing and administration and dose modifications.
- Discuss the appropriate management of infectious complications and strategies for managing withdrawal syndrome associated with the use of JAK2 inhibitors.
- Discuss novel JAK2 inhibitors currently in the pipeline for the treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Stephen J. Harnicar, PharmD, BCOP, BCPS
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Disclosure of Relevant Financial Relationships
All faculty and activity planners participating in NCCN continuing education activities are expected to disclose any relevant financial relationships with a commercial interest as defined by the ACCME’s, ANCC’s, and ACPE’s Standards for Commercial Support. All faculty presentations have been reviewed for adherence to the ACCME’s Criterion 7: The provider develops activities/educational interventions independent of commercial interests (SCS 1, 2, and 6) by experts on the topics. Full disclosure of faculty relationships will be made prior to the activity.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
NCCN designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. PAs may receive a maximum of 1.0 hour of Category I credit for completing this activity.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NCCN designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour.
|National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.|
NCCN designates this knowledge-based continuing education activity for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit. Universal Activity Number (UAN) will be posted prior to activity date.
- 1.00 ACPE contact hours
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC contact hours
- 1.00 Participation
Click the Take Course button to register for this live webinar.
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing