Recorded Presentations from the NCCN 2021 Virtual Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing™
The management of cancer is constantly evolving through the introduction of new developments related to cancer treatment and supportive care. This program will provide oncology nurses with comprehensive and clinically relevant information to optimize patient education and care.
The goal of the NCCN 2021 Virtual Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing™ is to ensure that oncology nurses, as members of the interprofessional oncology care team, have the knowledge and skills necessary to apply the standards of care to their practice and health care settings for patients with cancer.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses who manage patients with cancer.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate advances in the management of patients with cancer and key updates in the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) and apply appropriate treatment and supportive care strategies to optimize patient education and care.
- Review issues related to Cultivating Nursing Resilience during a Pandemic; Patient-Reported Outcomes: Assessment and Interventions to Improve Symptom Management; CAR T-Cell Therapy Update; Keeping up with the Molecular Targets in the Treatment of Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer; Navigating Treatment Selection for Patients with Advanced Ovarian Cancer; Current Clinical Challenges in Cancer Pain Management; and, A Practical Approach to Building a Survivorship Program.
NCCN Medical Education Disclosure Policy
It is the policy of NCCN that every 12 months, all faculty, moderators, activity planners and all internal planning staff participating in NCCN continuing education activities are expected to disclose any financial relationships with a commercial interest as defined by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support. In addition, all faculty presentations have been reviewed for adherence to the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support (the provider develops activities/educational interventions independent of commercial interests [SCS 1, 2 and 6] by experts on the topics).
Per the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, individuals who do not disclose relevant financial relationships will be disqualified from involvement in the CE activity as a content developer, planner, or presenter. A complete list of individuals’ relationships with external entities is available upon request.
Full disclosure of faculty relationships will be made prior to the activity.
These activities are approved for nursing contact hours. Complete accreditation information is provided before each individual educational activity.
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing