NCCN 2020 Nursing Program: Advancing Oncology Nursing™
This program will provide oncology nurses with comprehensive and clinically relevant information to optimize patient education and care. Information is focused on current and critical issues to provide oncology nurses with practical information that can be implemented in the practice setting.
This educational program is designed to meet the educational needs of oncology nurses who manage patients with cancer.
All live webinars in this series have taken place. The recorded webcasts are listed below.
- Molecular Testing Updates and Impact for Clinical Practice (recorded on May 7, 2020, and presented by Kathryn Slane, MSN, AGPCNP-BC, AOCNP, Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine)
- Recognition and Management of Graft Versus Host Disease (recorded on May 11, 2020, and presented by Erin Kopp, ACNP-BC, City of Hope National Medical Center)
- A Practical Approach to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Anemia in Cancer Patients (recorded on May 14, 2020, and presented by Laura J. Zitella, MS, RN, ACNP-BC, AOCN, UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center)
- Evolution of Immunotherapy and Management of Complex Toxicities (recorded on May 18, 2020, and presented by Suzanne McGettigan, CRNP, Abramson Cancer Center at the University of Pennsylvania)
- Survivorship Needs of Patients Living with Chronic Metastatic Disease (recorded on May 20, 2020, and presented by Angela Laffan, NP, MSN, UCSF Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center)
- Improving Efficiency and the Patient Experience in the Ambulatory Setting (recorded on June 1, 2020, and presented by MiKaela Olsen, DNP, APRN-CNS, AOCNS, FAAN, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins)
- Oral Chemotherapy and Compliance (recorded on July 9, 2020, and presented by Caroline Faylor, PharmD, and Susan Franco, RN, BSN, OCN
Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center)
NCCN Medical Education Disclosure Policy
It is the policy of NCCN that every 12 months, all faculty, moderators, activity planners and all internal planning staff participating in NCCN continuing education activities are expected to disclose any financial relationships with a commercial interest as defined by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support. In addition, all faculty presentations have been reviewed for adherence to the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support (the provider develops activities/educational interventions independent of commercial interests [SCS 1, 2 and 6] by experts on the topics).
Per the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, individuals who do not disclose relevant financial relationships will be disqualified from involvement in the CE activity as a content developer, planner, or presenter. A complete list of individuals’ relationships with external entities is available upon request.
Full disclosure of faculty relationships will be made prior to the activity.
In support of improving patient care, National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
NCCN designates each live webinar in this program for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour.
Please refer to the Schedule tab for dates and times. Check the webinars you would like to attend and click Enroll.
To complete this activity, users will need:
- A device with an Internet connection and sound playback capability
- One of the two latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader software for certificate viewing/printing